I don’t remember where I first came upon this recipe, but this is a somewhat modified version of it… Since I’m not a recipe writer, you might want to read all the way through before beginning, as I’m not sure the steps are all in the easiest order! This recipe is easy, quick, and delicious…
- Boil water for pasta.
- Trim asparagus tips and then remainder of asparagus stalks in 2-3 inch lengths.
- In boiling water (before adding pasta) place asparagus, except for the tips, boiling a few minutes, until just tender. Remove from boiling water with slotted spoon, to a blender.
- Boil asparagus tips, then remove from boiling water to dish. Blanche if you want.
- Sautee mushrooms in butter, onions, and a bit of garlic
- Put pasta in boiling water until done.
- Meanwhile, add some (1/4 to 1/2 cup, depending on how much you are making) olive oil to asparagus in blender as well as fresh lemon juice (a bit less than olive oil). Also add salt and pepper. Blend.
- When pasta is done, drain, put in a dish and cover with blended asparagus/lemon sauce, then mushrooms and finally asparagus tips. If you have fresh parmesean, grate it over the top. Also, if you have toasted pine nuts, they make a good garnish as well.